Raia Honors Local Armed Forces Heroes At Northport VA Medical Center
Assemblyman Andrew Raia (R,C,I,WF-East Northport) recently honored several local veterans of the Vietnam, Persian Gulf and Beirut conflicts at an award ceremony held at the Northport VA Medical Center. The ceremony is to commemorate their outstanding service and dedication to our nation during times of conflict.
“Our veterans have stood as a symbol of freedom and justice for over 200 years,” said Raia. “Through wars and in times of peace, the sight of our soldiers has given notice to foes and assurances to friends that democracy lives. I am truly honored to be here today in the presence of these brave men who dedicated their lives to serve our country so that others can experience freedom.”
The veterans who will be honored are:
- Robert Blake, Medal of Merit, Vietnam War;
- John Fox, Conspicuous Service Star & Medal of Merit, Vietnam War;
- Peter Gunther, Conspicuous Service Cross, Beirut/Persian Gulf conflicts;
- Albert Jensen, Conspicuous Service Cross & Conspicuous Service Star, Vietnam War;
- Thomas Ronayne, Medal of Merit, Beirut/Lebanon/El Salvador conflicts;
- Alexander Squillace, Medal of Merit, Vietnam War;
- Dennis Briordy, Medal of Merit, Persian Gulf conflict;
- David Gordon, Medal of Merit, World War II;
- Peter Schlesinger, Conspicuous Service Star, Vietnam War; and
- Richard Serynek, Conspicuous Service Cross, Vietnam War.