Assemblywoman Annie Rabbitt (R,I,C-Greenwood Lake) is joining with Adelphi NY Statewide Breast Cancer Hotline and Support Program in their Mother’s Day Mammography Campaign to urge women to get mammograms.
“With Mother’s Day this Sunday, I am encouraging my constituents to urge loved ones to schedule a mammogram,” said Rabbitt. “The best weapon against breast cancer is early detection and awareness. While approximately 95 percent of all mammograms prove to be normal, it can be a matter of life and death for the other 5 percent.”
For more information about the program and to locate an accredited mammography facility, call the Adelphi New York Statewide Breast Cancer Hotline and Support Program at 1-800-877-8077. Callers to the hotline can also get emotional support from the hotline’s specially trained volunteers, most of whom are breast cancer survivors.
Rabbitt explains that the Breast Cancer Hotline has been in existence for 27 years and is a project of the Adelphi University School of Social Work. You can visit their Web site at www.adelphi.edu/nysbreastcancer for more information about the services they offer.