Assemblyman Anthony Brindisi (D-Utica) will host public budget hearings on Thursday, March 8th in both Utica and Rome to allow local residents the opportunity to comment and obtain more information on the Governor’s proposed 2012-2013 State Budget. Brindisi will be joined by the Chairman of the Assembly Ways and Means Committee, Herman D. Farrell, Jr.
The Rome hearing takes place March 8th from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the South Rome Senior Center at 112 Ridge Street. The Utica hearing takes place that afternoon from 1:30 until 3 at the North Utica Senior Center, 50 Riverside Drive.
“Since the Governor released his budget proposal last month, I have been receiving correspondence from constituents who have a variety of concerns about the impact it could have on our region,” Brindisi said. “People would like to know how it could affect our public schools, colleges, the health care system, and the environment, among other things. These public hearings will give people a chance to comment and ask questions about the proposal now before state legislators.”
Brindisi says anyone with questions, or who would like to speak to speak at one of the hearings can call his Utica District Office at 315-732-1055 to reserve a time to participate.
- Assemblymember Brindisi Announces New Driver’s License Designation for Veterans
- Griffo and Brindisi Hosting Education Commissioner's Appearance for Town Hall Series
- Assemblymember Brindisi Commends Creation of Commission to Cut Taxes
- Assemblymember Anthony Brindisi Today Reacted to the Announcement by Senator Charles Schumer that MAXIMUS Plans to Bring 150 Jobs to Utica
- Assemblymember Brindisi Receives New York Farm Bureau’s “Circle of Friends” Distinction
