Oaks Stands Ready To Partner With Governor Spitzer For Change
January 4, 2007
In reaction to Governor Spitzer’s State-of-the-State message on Wednesday, Assemblyman Bob Oaks (R,C-Macedon) said, “I stand ready to be a partner with Governor Spitzer to enact many of the initiatives he is proposing for the 2007 legislative session. Specifically, I strongly agree with Governor Spitzer’s goals to:
- Provide significant property tax relief to homeowners.
- Reform the workers’ compensation system to help improve New York’s competitiveness and create more jobs.
- Pass an Article X power plant siting bill to assure available energy in the future for homeowners and businesses.
- Pass a civil confinement bill to keep the most dangerous sexual predators off the streets after they have completed their prison term.
- Make significant additional reforms to the legislature and state budget process.