Letter to Constituents of the 95th Assembly District
Itís exciting to be in Albany during a time when the Assembly and Governor are working together in a spirit of reform to benefit the people of New York. The Assembly has already passed new sweeping reforms on lobbying, ethics, and the budget. I am confident that at the end of the day this will be a historic session for the New York State Assembly.
Your concerns matter to me. As your representative in Albany, I will work to address the many challenges facing us in Rockland.
My priorities are:
- Providing a first rate education for our children, quality affordable child care, youth and senior programs;
- Bringing much needed tax relief to homeowners and small businesses as well as attracting new businesses to the area;
- Ensuring access to quality, affordable healthcare;
- Assuring that the Tappan Zee Bridge project enhances our quality of life, does not disrupt our neighborhoods and fits within a comprehensive regional plan;
- Preserving and protecting the environment and demanding an Independent Safety Assessment (ISA) for the Indian Point Nuclear Facility; and
- Securing Rocklandís fair share of Homeland Security funding for infrastructure protection programs.
Of course, I can best serve you if we can communicate on a regular basis. My goal is to be meeting with constituents as frequently as possible in a variety of local sites. A schedule of meeting places and times will be announced on my web site and through local media.
I am extremely proud to be working for the people of the 95th Assembly District, a wonderfully unique and diverse community.
Ellen C. Jaffee
Member of Assembly