Malliotakis Spearheading “July Re-Supply” To Assist Project Homefront
Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis (R,C-East Shore) is joining Staten Island Project Homefront in a drive to restock the organization’s shelves for a packing day in late July. Project Homefront relies heavily on the generosity of students for care packages to be sent to our troops. Unfortunately, this leads to significant difficulty during the months of July and August, when school is not in session.
“It’s an honor to help out one of Staten Island’s vanguard volunteer organizations. The members of our armed forces do everything in their power to complete their mission of keeping us safe. We found it necessary to help Project Homefront complete its mission to make life in the field or at sea a little more tolerable for our troops. It’s the least we can do to help those who put their lives on the line to protect our nation each and every day,” said Malliotakis.
Items can be donated to Assemblywoman Malliotakis’s district office at 11 Maplewood Place on Staten Island until July 23, 2012. The collection will then be delivered to Project Homefront to be packaged on July 24.
Requested items include:
- non-perishable food and snacks
- drinks (Powerade, Gatorade, coffee packs, creamers, plastic teaspoons)
- toiletries (antacids, pain relievers, eyewash, cortisone cream, foot cream, baby powder, mouthwash, Band-Aids, women’s hair products, hand sanitizer, sunblock)
- dog products (flea shampoo, flea collars, dog bowls, toys, dog beds)
- clothing (brown/green boxers, t-shirts, flip-flops, briefs, socks)
- DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, pillowcases, pillows, playing cards, silly string, air freshener, bug spray, ant traps, fly paper, batteries (AAA, AA, C, D), hand-held games, small writing pads, pencils.