Recovery Center Open On Hylan Boulevard
November 14, 2012
New York City Council Speaker Christine Quinn (far left), Councilman James Oddo and Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis listen to concerns from Staten Islanders affected by Superstorm Sandy.
Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis (R,C-Brooklyn, Staten Island) is encouraging residents to visit the NYC Restoration Center recently opened at 1976 Hylvan Boulevard in Dongan Hills, which is serving as a one-stop location for all city-run disaster recovery needs. In addition to FEMA representatives, every major city agency involved in recovery has staff in the building, connecting residents to services such as:
- Home repairs through Rapid Repairs NYC;
- Federal disaster assistance through FEMA;
- Applications for benefits such as Medicaid, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) and more through the Human Resources Administration (HRA);
- Shelter and counseling information; and
- Supplies such as food, water and blankets.