Catskill Hudson AHEC Launches Healthmatch Pilot Program In Ellenville
April 7, 2009
Catskill Hudson Area Health Education Center (Catskill Hudson AHEC) will launch HealthMatch, an innovative community-specific health professional recruitment service, at a press conference on Friday, April 17 at 10:00 a.m. The event will be held at the Catskill Hudson AHEC office at 598 State Route 299, Highland, NY.* HealthMatch was developed by Catskill Hudson AHEC earlier this year to encourage healthcare, business and civic leaders to work collaboratively to increase local access to quality healthcare by recruiting healthcare professionals into the community to live and work. HealthMatch:
- Educates local stakeholders to take responsibility in promoting better community health and become ambassadors in the effort to bring healthcare professionals to the community.
- Conducts need assessments to determine what type of and how many healthcare professionals are needed in each community.
- Works with communities to develop strategies for raising private and public support, including that from local, state and/or federal grants.
- Assists communities to market themselves as desirable neighborhoods for healthcare professionals to live and work.
- Develops collaborative partnerships with local hospitals, industry and foundations to establish financial pools dedicated to providing financial incentives for healthcare professionals to relocate to the area.
- Assists new healthcare providers with managed care credentialing and contract negotiations; the selection of computerized practice management and electronic health record systems; staff recruitment; office set-up; marketing and advertising.