Assemblywoman Sandy Galef has the opportunity to give a resident in her district a full tuition scholarship to attend The State University of New York Maritime College. This scholarship is part of the Cadet Appointment Program, which grants the selected student a four-year, full tuition scholarship on behalf of the college.
“This is an amazing opportunity for one student from my district to attend SUNY Maritime free of tuition for four years. The Cadet Appointment Program is a wonderful program that will allow students who are very interested in attending the school to do so without the financial burdens that often come with higher education” Galef said. “There are students that would love this chance to attend SUNY Maritime under these conditions, and I am thrilled that the school offers this amazing program.”
These are the qualifications that the student must meet to be eligible for this Cadet Appointment Scholarship:
- Be a US citizen; and have been a New York resident for at least one year prior to the January 15th of the year of anticipated Fall entrance into Maritime College.
- Be a high school graduate or within one year of graduation; applicant must be a first-time, first-year college student.
- Must demonstrate Academic Excellence: Grade Point Average of at or above 90% (3.5) and a SAT score at or above 1100 (combined math and critical reading only; ACT composite score of 24 or above)
- Demonstrate evidence of leadership skills through extracurricular activities and school/community involvement
- Meet the College’s general admissions requirements and participate in the Regiment of Cadets and License Program.
“I am looking forward to hearing from a student in my district that will be headed to SUNY Maritime in the fall as part of the Cadet Appointment Program. It really is a great experience and I hope that many high school seniors jump at this scholarship and opportunity.”