Item Drive for Troops Seeks Candy, Granola Bars, Hygiene Products and Cards
The Ladies Auxiliary and the Pulaski VFW Post 7289 are collecting items to send to active military troops again this year. Assemblyman Barclay’s office is again assisting in this effort.
The following is a list of items needed for the troops:
- Handmade items, cards, cards from children, pictures from children.
- Halloween candy, candy canes, individual packages of cookies/crackers, tuna and chicken kits, DVDs, CDs, puzzle books, writing paper, phone cards (AT&T works best), disposable cameras, gum.
- Travel-sized hygiene products such as shampoo, soap, deodorant, baby wipes, shaving items, feminine products, nail polish, nail clippers, candles, lip balm and eye drops.
- Soups and hot drinks such as tea, cocoa, instant coffee.
- Power bars, granola bars, dried fruit, slim jims, beef jerky, instant soup, individual cocoa packets, powdered Gatorade, Kool-aid, individual packets of oatmeal cereal.
The item drive will be held through Dec. 9. Items can be brought to Assemblyman Barclay’s office at 200 North Second Street, Fulton. Items also may be brought to the Town of Camillus offices, located at 4600 West Genesee Street, Syracuse. For questions, call Assemblyman Barclay’s office at 315-598-5185.