- Unemployment Insurance, COVID-19 Adjustments:
Filing an Unemployment Insurance (UI) Claim: THE BEST WAY TO FILE YOUR UI CLAIM IS ONLINE HERE
- NOTE: Any claim you file will be backdated to the date you became unemployed. If you are eligible, you will be paid for all benefits due.
- If you are filing a new UI claim, the day you should apply is based on the first letter of your last name:
- A - F file on Monday | G - N file on Tuesday | O - Z file on Wednesday
- Missed your day? File on Thurs-Fri-Sat
- Please do not call the telephone claims center unless you are instructed to call to complete your application.
- If you are instructed to call to complete your claim, the only valid number is: 1-888-209-8124.
- Instructions for Filing: Unemployment Filing Instructions
- Instructions for Filing for Self-Employed: Self-Employed UI Guide
Questions About Your UI Claim?
- To file a claim online: Go to labor.ny.gov/signin
- Telephone: Call the Telephone Claims Center Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 888-209-8124. Interpreters are available for most languages; press 9 for an interpreter.
- TTY/TDD users: Call a relay operator at 800-662-1220 and ask the operator to call 888-783-1370.
- Video Relay Service users: If you use a Video Relay System or another type of relay service, contact your relay operator and ask the relay operator to call 888-783-1370.
- To ask questions by secure message: Sign in at labor.ny.gov/signin and click on the envelope icon at the upper right of the My Online Services page. This will bring you to your message inbox. Click on the menu button (the square with three lines). Select Compose New and then select the subject of your question.
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA):
- Filing instructions for PUA
- Tips on how to get your unemployment checks faster: