WASHINGTONVILLE, NY — Assemblyman Colin J. Schmitt (R,C,I,LBT,SAM - New Windsor) today announced his 2nd Annual School Supply Drive ongoing for the months of August and September in order to collect school supplies to support local students preparing for the upcoming school year.
Assemblyman Schmitt encourages local residents to drop off supplies to his district office, located at 6 Depot St., Suite 103, Washingtonville, NY 10992 during normal business hours Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. Items that can be included, but not limited to:
- Paper: lined paper, copy paper, construction paper, spiral notebooks, composition books, index cards
- Pencils & Pens: blue or black pens, #2 pencils, colored pencils, erasers, pencil sharpener, pencil case, colored markers, crayons, highlighters, dry-erase markers
- General Supplies: dry-erase boards, paper clips, 3-ring 2" binders, pocket folders, report covers
- Classroom items: stapler, staples, rulers, protractors, glue sticks, scissors, tape, calculator
- Other items:tissues, sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizer
Assemblyman Colin J. Schmitt stated, “This year my office is hosting our 2nd annual school supply drive to help local students. Families from across my Assembly District and the Hudson Valley have had a difficult few years with getting their children back in the classroom and we are here to ease that process for those in need. My hope is that this school supply drive will aid and assist local families who might need additional assistance with school-related items. Please come by my office and drop off an item or two.”
Collection of supplies will occur from August 22, 2022, to September 30, 2022.