In today's hyper-connected world, our cellphones are always with us --
demanding our attention more than ever before. Research shows
the dangers of distracted driving, yet drivers frequently talk and text
behind the wheel. Let's end texting while driving today!
Take Assemblyman Mosley's iPledge for safer roads.
Did you know texting makes a crash 23X more likely?
- Motor vehicle crashes are the #1 killer of American teens. 1
- Using a cellphone while driving reduces brain activity associated with driving by 37%. 2
- 570,000 the amount of cellphone related accidents that lead to minor and serious injuries. 3
- The average text takes your eyes off of the road for 4.6 seconds. That's like driving the length of a football field at 55 mph, blindfolded. 4
NEW YORK STATE IS NOW TOUGHER ON TEXTING AND DRIVING
- Up to 5 points on your license
- License suspension for new drivers
- $150 fine for a first-time offense