Assemblywoman Paulin
Amy Paulin

Fighting for tax relief

District Office
700 White Plains Rd., Suite 252
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Remember to apply for the new Empire State Child Tax Credit

photo Last year, Assemblywoman Amy Paulin secured tax relief for working families by creating the Empire State Child Tax Credit. Assemblywoman Paulin is now reminding parents to apply for the tax credit when filing their state income taxes this year.

New York residents also benefit from last year’s wide-ranging tax cuts which:

  • Provided a property tax rebate
  • Eliminated the state sales tax on clothing and footwear under $110
  • Eliminated the marriage tax penalty

photo Who can apply for the Empire State Child Tax Credit?
  • You must be a New York State resident for a full year
  • You must claim a federal child tax credit or meet certain income thresholds
  • Your children must have been at least 4 and less than 17 years old on December 31, 2006

How do you apply?
What if you already filed your tax return?
  • Fill out IT-213 and mail the form by itself to:
    State Processing Center
    PO Box 61000
    Albany, NY 12261-0001