Assemblyman Michael Montesano with six of the eight 2012 Women of Distinction honorees.
“We are truly blessed to have the evening’s honorees as our friends and neighbors,” said Montesano. “This evening was just one small way to show our appreciation for everything these eight women have accomplished. Their acts of kindness and dedication to the needs of others should serve as an inspiration to everyone seeking to enlarge the quality of life of those around us.”
The Women of Distinction Awards honored the following women for their accomplishments in the fields of community service, humanitarianism, education and business:
- Ms. Lynda Brumber, Hicksville, education;
- Ms. Eileen Duffy, Locust Valley, volunteer;
- Ms. Roslyn D. Goldmacher, Westbury. business;
- Ms. Anne-Marie Hudley Simmons, Westbury, education;
- Ms. Alicia Iannucci, Westbury, education;
- Ms. Georgia Kaufman, Old Westbury. humanitarian;
- Ms. Ellen Lentini, Hicksville, community/civic affairs; and
- Mrs. Peggy Sue Vickers, Syosset, volunteer.
Ms. Brumber and Ms. Goldmacher, unfortunately, were unable to attend the event.