Montesano Hosts 2012 Women Of Distinction Awards
Ceremony honored eight women whose efforts have positively impacted their community
May 14, 2012
Assemblyman Michael Montesano with six of the eight 2012 Women of Distinction honorees.
On May 11, Assemblyman Michael Montesano (R,I,C – Glen Head) hosted the 2012 Women of Distinction Awards ceremony. Held at the Glen Head Community Center, the event honored eight women who have enriched the cultural, social and economic fabric of their communities through a commitment to service. “We are truly blessed to have the evening’s honorees as our friends and neighbors,” said Montesano. “This evening was just one small way to show our appreciation for everything these eight women have accomplished. Their acts of kindness and dedication to the needs of others should serve as an inspiration to everyone seeking to enlarge the quality of life of those around us.” The Women of Distinction Awards honored the following women for their accomplishments in the fields of community service, humanitarianism, education and business:
- Ms. Lynda Brumber, Hicksville, education;
- Ms. Eileen Duffy, Locust Valley, volunteer;
- Ms. Roslyn D. Goldmacher, Westbury. business;
- Ms. Anne-Marie Hudley Simmons, Westbury, education;
- Ms. Alicia Iannucci, Westbury, education;
- Ms. Georgia Kaufman, Old Westbury. humanitarian;
- Ms. Ellen Lentini, Hicksville, community/civic affairs; and
- Mrs. Peggy Sue Vickers, Syosset, volunteer.