Assemblyman Bill Reilich (R,C,I,-Greece) urged students and families today to learn about how they can obtain financial aid for college through help offered by the New York State Financial Aid Administrators Association (NYSFAAA).
NYSFAAA and the New York state Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) sponsor a year-long series of special projects and events designed to help students and families pay for college.
"I encourage those prospective students in need of financial aid advice to contact the New York State Financial Aid Administrators Association and the New York state Higher Education Services Corporation," Reilich said. "Students should also contact their current guidance counselors and future college or university financial aid advisors."
Students and families can obtain information from the NYSFAAA resource center on such topics as:
- Planning ahead and early awareness
- What is financial aid and how do I apply?
- Finding a college
- Scholarship searches and other state financial aid programs
- Debt counseling
- "Get the Facts About Financial Aid" flier for students
- A list of statewide activities and NYSFAAA regional representative map.
For more information, students and families should visit the FAAA Web site, www.nysfaaa.org, or the HESC at www.hesc.com.