NYS Spills Hotline runs 24/7 and should be used for time-sensitive complaints of environmental issues for which the complainant seeks immediate on-the-ground response from NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) staff, especially with respect to issues arising on weekends and overnight. The phone number is 1-800-457-7362.
Issues regarding the Norlite Facility in Cohoes:
- Materials management – Brian Maglienti (518)-357-2085, email@example.com
- Mining – Jami June, (518) 357-2162, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water – John Weidman, (518) 357-2249, email@example.com
- Permits – Kate Kornak, (518) 357-2459, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Air – Ben Potter, (518) 357-2345, email@example.com
- Miscellaneous – Norlite.Comments2020@dec.ny.gov
DEC Norlite website with more information: https://www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/121118.html
Odor complaints regarding the Dunn landfill:
- Dunn Landfill 24/7 hotline designated for the public reporting of nuisance odors. The phone number is (518) 292-0449
DEC Dunn website with more information: https://www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/117071.html
Colonie Landfill Odor Hotline: 518-292-0426
Landfill Questions and Concerns
- DEC Region 4 can be contacted during business hours at (518) 357-2045
- Brian Maglienti, P.E. at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jonathan Whitcomb at email@example.com.
- Health related questions or concerns relating to any facility should be directed to the NYS Department of Health at (518) 402-7800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.