Assemblyman Scott Bendett (R,C-Sand Lake) yesterday expressed his support for the efforts of the Assembly Minority Task Force on School Safety & Security to address concerns over school safety. To ensure New York schools are safe for both students and staff alike, state lawmakers are calling for constructive solutions.
Some of the proposed solutions include:
- Increasing Law Enforcement Presence in Schools
- Addressing Mental Health Issues in Schools
- Open Communication Between Stakeholders
- Innovative State Support for School Safety and Security
- Identifying Threats and Providing Support to At-Risk Students
- Hardening Infrastructure at Schools
“When we drop our kids off at school, we trust they will be kept safe until they are returned to us at the end of the day. Our children should look forward to going to school, receiving an education, seeing their friends and then returning home. Let’s do everything we can to make sure this is the reality students, teachers and parents embrace and can count on.”
Editor’s Note: To see the full report from the Assembly Minority Conference Task Force on School Safety & Security, click here.