The Lawrence Cemetery was originally part of a plot of ground from a patent granted by Dutch Governor Keift of New Amsterdam to John and William Lawrence in 1645. The first burial took place in 1832 and the last in 1939. Through the efforts of the Bayside Historical Society, the site was declared a landmark in 1967.
Help play a part in preserving the character of Bayside and one of our most significant landmarks. Anyone interested in volunteering should contact Assemblyman Braunsteinís office by phone at 718-357-3588 or by email at email@example.com.