Hawley Announces Grants For 5 Local Libraries
Assemblyman Steve Hawley (R, I, C – Batavia) would like to announce that the New York State Public Library fund has awarded five grants to local libraries throughout the 139th Assembly District. In total, the district is receiving nearly $93,000 for library construction projects.
“I am very pleased that so many libraries in our region are being awarded these construction grants. Our libraries play an important role in our community and I am glad to see these libraries expanding facilities and services,” said Hawley.
In total, $14 million in capital funds have been provided for library grants statewide through the 2008-09 Enacted State Budget. The five projects in the 139th Assembly District includes:
- Corfu Free Library in Corfu: $9,739 for construction of office space, kitchenette and relocation of circulation area;
- Haxton Memorial Library in Oakfield: $10,529 for replacement of windows;
- Woodward Memorial Library in LeRoy: $3,875 for installation of new security system and reconstruction of circulation area;
- Community Free Library in Holley: $55,900 for merging of newly purchased building with adjacent existing library, demolition of common non-bearing walls, reconstruction and renovation of new space; and
- Lee-Whedon Memorial Library in Medina: $12,855 for reconfiguration of existing space to create a new, expanded circulation area.
For more information on applying for next year’s Public Library Construction Grants, interested libraries should contact the State Librarian’s Office by visiting www.nysl.nysed.gov.