Today, Assembly Minority Leader Brian M. Kolb (R,C-Canandaigua) addressed the full Assembly to outline his goals and expectations for the upcoming Legislative Session. He spoke, specifically, to the importance of maintaining a strong, independent Legislatureregardless of political affiliation or background and advocating for policies that make it easier to live and own a business in New York State.
Leader Kolb expressed excitement at the opportunities in front of the Assembly, while acknowledging the challenges facing the state. The Assembly Minority Conference welcomed nine new members in 2019 and Leader Kolb said he was looking forward to working with them to improve the lives of the constituents and residents of New York.
Among the legislative proposals on this years agenda are:
- Lowering taxes and addressing the states outmigration crisis;
- Helping small business owners succeed and create jobs;
- Upgrading New Yorks failing roads and bridges;
- Fixing the MTA;
- Finally passing real ethics reforms;
- Making the property tax cap permanent;
- Reining in wasteful, ineffective economic development programs; and
- Fighting the heroin/opioid epidemic.
Please click on the image below to view Leader Kolbs remarks.