The pandemic has been incredibly challenging for our families. COVID-19 has forced all of us to make significant changes in our daily routines and adjust to a new normal. When cases spiked in the spring and again this winter, New Yorkers banded together to slow the spread of coronavirus and helped bring our infection rates down dramatically.
As vaccine distribution continues to ramp up, we can begin to see the light at the end of tunnel after a year of hardship and sacrifice. While many of us may understandably be feeling fatigued from an extended period of social distancing, we must continue following safety guidelines to protect vulnerable populations and save lives To see if you’re currently eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, visit am-i-eligible.covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov.
Be responsible. Be smart. Be safe.
Important Information & Resources
NYS COVID-19 Emotional Support Helpline: 1-844-863-9314
NYS Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-942-6906
NYC Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-621-HOPE
Price Gouging hotline: 800-697-1220
24-Hour Coronavirus hotline: 1-888-364-3065
Report Vaccine Scams 833-VAX-SCAM
Vaccine Appointment Hotline 1-833-NYS-4-VAX
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet
- Wear a mask when outside of your home and you cannot maintain at least 6 feet of social distance from others