Assemblyman Steve Hawley (R,C-Batavia) willhost a series of blood drives across the district this month in partnership with the American Red Cross. New York state historically has very little blood banked for patients statewide, and this initiative is being held to encourage those who can donate and make all the difference to a patient in need. Hawley has done numerous drives throughout his time in the Assembly and is happy to continue this tradition.
“I’m happy to once again partner with the American Red Cross and encourage everyone who can to donate some blood,” Hawley said. “New York often has a shortage of blood in its banks, which is a big problem, because the various blood types are used in critical surgeries and life-saving operations daily. One small donation could mean the difference between life and death for another, so I encourage all willing participants to donate.”
The time and place of the various donation sites will be:
- Fri. 3/10 - Batavia Social Services, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Mon. 3/13 - Batavia Robert Morris School, 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Mon. 3/13 - Pavilion Fire Department, 1:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Tues. 3/14 - Darien Fire Co. with PCD Kiwanis 1:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Thurs. 3/16 - St. Max Hall, East Pembroke. 1:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Fri. 3/17 - Lyndonville Presbyterian Church. 1:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Sat. 3/18 - Stafford Fire Department, 8:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Tues. 3/21 - Albion Elks Lodge, 12:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Tues. 3/21 - Batavia First UMC, 2:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Thurs. 3/30 - Oakfield-Alabama High School, 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.